Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Flat breads

An Indian guy recently bought the convenience store next door to Savenors. I hadn't been in there too many times because the place never had much to offer, but the last time I bought something there, I noticed that he had started to stock all sorts of Indian food products, sort of like the great little market in Davis Square - the name escapes me at the moment. Anyway, where there were once a bunch of tv dinners, he had an assortment of different flat breads. This tandoori naan is great when reheated on the grill pan. I kicked it up a little bit by making three different types of flatbread "pizzas." On the left is grilled flatbread with whitebean, marjoram, and truffle oil puree, caramelized onions, sweet italian sausage and cheddar. On the right is grilled flatbread with hummus, sauteed spinach, and feta cheese. I also made one with the white bean puree, tuna packed in olive oil, and cheese. These were really, really quick and easy.

No comments: